No pay station parking at Red A section near IST beginning August 1
Transportation Services has announced a change to its pay station parking policy for Lot Red A at West Campus.
Beginning Monday, August 1, parking at the section of Lot Red A located next to the IST Building will be reserved for permit holders only on weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Those without a valid permit who wish to pay for parking at Red A by using one of the three multi-space pay stations will be required to park at the Red A sections next to the Earth-Engineering Sciences (EES) and Leonhard buildings. Signage will be posted at the entrance to the Red A section next to IST indicating that pay station parking in that section is prohibited.
The introduction of multi-space pay stations to the Red A parking area in 2013 has allowed Transportation Services to accommodate additional visitor parking in this area while still maintaining adequate space for all Red A permit holders. However, some Red A permit holders have expressed concerns regarding the lack of available parking each day in the area closest to the IST Building. In response to this feedback, Transportation Services will institute this policy change on a trial basis, and will review the impact over the coming months. A decision on whether to make this a permanent policy change is expected by next summer.
Click on the Red A Pay Stations Google Map to view a map of the affected area.
If there are any questions, please contact the Parking Office by phone at 865-1436 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.