Online application now available for 2018-19 RIDEpass program
Transportation Services is now accepting online applications for the 2018-19 RIDEpass reduced-fare mass transit program.
The RIDEpass mass transit program provides access to all CATABUS routes to eligible University Park faculty, staff and graduate students for only $15 per month. Transportation Services covers the remaining cost of each pass to encourage the use of mass transit, reduce vehicle congestion on campus, and promote sustainable transportation.
Anyone interested in participating in the RIDEpass program, including current members, must complete a new online application. The pass will again be priced at $15 per month, and faculty/staff and graduate student program eligibility requirements for the program will remain unchanged from the 2017-18 academic year.
- Must be employed in a standing, fixed-term I, fixed-term multi-year, or post-doctoral position at University Park, or be enrolled as a graduate, law or medical student with University Park as the primary campus of enrollment
- Must live off campus at a residence that does not already participate in a CATABUS program
- Must live more than 0.75 miles (walking distance) from a CATA campus service Blue Loop or Red Link stop (Not sure if your address qualifies? Try using our distance web tool.)
- Must live within the CATA service area
- May not have a daytime-access Penn State parking permit (or must return this permit when purchasing the RIDEpass), but may register for an evening/weekend parking permit
Upon successful completion of the application, participants will receive an email confirmation with details regarding when passes will be available for pickup at the Parking Office. Current pass holders will have access to an early pickup period in June, while new member pickup will begin Monday, July 2. Current pass holders will be required to return their existing RIDEpass (which expire on June 30) when picking up the new pass. The Parking Office is located at 1 Eisenhower Parking Deck and open on weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Questions regarding program eligibility should be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. General questions regarding the RIDEpass program and other programs offered by Transportation Services may also be directed to the Parking Office by phone at 865-1436.