Fall 2022/spring 2023 student parking registration begins Aug. 16-18
Student parking registration for the fall 2022 and spring 2023 semesters will be available exclusively online at transportation.psu.edu on the following dates:
- Tuesday, August 16 at noon (Off-campus student Commuter - SCR)
- Wednesday, August 17 at noon (Off-campus long-term storage - P43, YAS)
- Thursday, August 18 at noon (Resident student permits - B11, L22, L42, L81, L82, L83, NDS (formerly YWH), YAS)
- Active Penn State ID and Access account
- License plate(s) information (vehicles must be owned by the student or a member of the student's immediate family)
- Completed at least 29.1 credits, except for commuter and graduate students
Students who do not meet the minimum credit requirement but have extenuating circumstances that may support on-campus vehicle access may visit the Transportation Services website to submit an exception request application. Before doing so, however, students and their families should review other available local and regional transportation services, as parking space availability allows for only a limited number of requests to be granted.
CHANGES FOR FALL 2022
Please note the following student parking changes taking effect for the fall 2022 semester:
- The permit designation for West Halls student parking at Nittany Deck has changed from YWH to NDS. Eligibility and access remain unchanged.
- The cost of a Brown 11 student parking permit is no longer included in the lease for White Course Apartments residents. Credit card purchase is required.
After registering online for a permit, students must print a temporary permit to display on their dashboard for immediate parking. Students may return to their account to print the permit if a printer is not available when completing the registration.
Permits will be mailed to the student's local or campus address. To ensure prompt and accurate delivery, students must enter the complete address, including the street number and apartment number. Failure to notify the State College Post Office of a new off-campus address before registering for a permit may prevent permit delivery.
Once the permanent permit has been delivered, the printable temporary permit must be discarded, and the permanent permit displayed on the rear-view mirror of the vehicle.
With a large volume of traffic expected on the Transportation Services website at the start of the registration period, any students encountering issues are urged to avoid double-clicking or using the back button, as these actions may result in errors with your transaction. If issues arise while attempting to complete the registration, please exit the site and contact Transportation Services for assistance.
ADA PARKING ACCESS AND SHORT-TERM PARKING NEEDS
Students with a state-issued Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) placard who wish to purchase a supplemental parking permit for core parking access should contact the Transportation Services Office to receive access to register online for these permits. General student parking registration must be completed online prior to applying for this option, and a copy of the student's ADA placard ID card must be provided.
Students registering for short-term permits (issued on a weekly basis) must register in person at the Transportation Services Office. Not all student permit options will be available for short-term parking.
For more information regarding student parking registration and student arrival parking procedures, please email [email protected] or call (814) 865-1436.