Parking, traffic and transit restrictions for Saturday’s home football game vs. Iowa
Transportation Services is issuing a parking and traffic advisory for Penn State Football vs. Iowa at Beaver Stadium on Saturday, Nov. 21 at 3:30 p.m.
All regular football game day parking areas will be closed. Tailgating or gathering on campus and/or in university parking lots is not permitted and will be monitored closely. All central campus parking areas are reserved 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and require a valid permit. Vehicles parked without a valid permit or in violation of any University parking regulations are subject to ticketing and/or towing at the owner's expense, with higher fine amounts for parking violations in effect this weekend.
The following faculty/staff parking areas will be closed beginning midnight Friday night through the conclusion of Saturday's game:
- Jordan East
- Stadium West
- Porter North
- Porter South
- Orange L East
- Orange L South
- Yellow V
- Yellow H South (Pegula Ice Arena)
- Orange O (Pavilion)
- Orange B (Softball Park)
The following campus roadways near Beaver Stadium will be closed all day Saturday:
- Curtin Road between University Drive and Porter Road
- Porter Road between Park Avenue and Hastings Road
The previously listed road closures will result in the following adjustments to CATA service on Saturday:
- The HM route will detour around Beaver Stadium using University Drive and Park Avenue:
- Outbound -- Curtin Road to University Drive to Park Avenue to Fox Hollow Road
- Inbound -- Fox Hollow Road to Park Avenue to University Drive to Curtin Road
- The Blue Loop will travel right onto University Drive from Curtin Road, then right on Hastings Road before resuming normal routing.
- The Red Link will detour around Beaver Stadium using University Drive and Park Avenue:
- Outbound -- Curtin Road to University Drive to Park Avenue and resume normal routing
- Inbound -- Park Avenue to University Drive to Curtin Road and resume normal routing
All other routes in operation may be accessed at Computer Building on Bigler Road (K, N, R, V, and W routes) or Schlow Library on Beaver Avenue (P route).
Patrons will be redirected to existing bus stops at IM Building, Pegula Ice Arena and Hastings Road at University Drive for detoured routes.