Students Visiting University Park
If you have a student permit for a Penn State campus other than University Park, your parking options at University Park depend on when you will be on campus.
- Altoona and Hershey student permits are not valid for parking at University Park at any time
- No parking at any time in University Park student parking areas or any other parking areas reserved 24 hours a day, seven days a week (this information is posted on lot entrance signage) - unauthorized vehicles in these lots are subject to ticketing and/or towing at the owner’s expense
- All lots are subject to additional hours of restriction or event parking fees based on special campus events or University needs as determined by Transportation Services
- If a "Midnight Clear" is declared for snow removal, Commonwealth Campus student vehicles at University Park must be parked in the Eisenhower Deck between midnight and 7 a.m.
7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Commonwealth Campus student permits are not valid in any University Park parking areas during these hours
- To park on campus, Commonwealth Campus students will need to pay for parking at one of the multi-space pay stations at Jordan East, Stadium West or Porter North ($1 per hour or $5 daily through midnight)
- No-fare campus transit available via CATA's Loop/Link and Penn State's Campus Shuttle services - download the TransLoc Rider app for real-time bus locations and arrival predictions
- Commonwealth Campus students who visit University Park during daytime hours on a regular basis may purchase a student Commuter permit for $45 per semester from the Parking Office at 1 Eisenhower Parking Deck
4 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
- Commonwealth Campus student permits are valid for parking during these hours in all areas highlighted in yellow on the Student Parking Map, with the following exceptions:
- No parking in East, HUB or Nittany decks at any time
- No parking in Eisenhower Deck between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m., seven days a week
- No parking in the Commuter lots between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m., seven days a week
- No parking in areas located east of Bigler Road on home football Saturdays (must be removed by midnight Friday night before the game)
Regulations in place on weekdays between 4 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. (see above) also apply on Saturdays and Sundays on non-event weekends.
Event and Event Weekend Parking
- Students with a valid Commonwealth Campus student parking permit (except Altoona and Hershey) arriving on the day of the event (after 4 p.m. for weekday events) will be allowed access to available lots at no additional charge
- Bryce Jordan Center/Pegula Ice Arena Events - Jordan East, Stadium West, Porter North
- Eisenhower Auditorium Events - Eisenhower Deck
- Penn State Football - Eisenhower Deck and Lot Red A
- No overnight parking permitted in day-of-event lots
- During designated event weekends at University Park, purchase of a weekend event parking is required to park overnight between Thursday and Sunday
- Permits are valid for parking at all four campus parking decks (East, Eisenhower, HUB, Nittany) and Lot Red A at West Campus through Sunday
- Available on Thursday for $35 at the East, HUB and Nittany decks through midnight, at the White Course Drive kiosk through 3:30 p.m. and at the Parking Office at 1 Eisenhower Deck through 5 p.m.
- Available on Friday for $30 at all four campus parking decks and the White Course Drive kiosk through midnight
- Any vehicles parked overnight on campus during an event weekend without a valid weekend event permit will be subject to ticketing and/or towing at the owner’s expense.