Students Visiting University Park
If you have a student permit for a Penn State campus other than University Park, your parking options at University Park depend on when you will be on campus.
- Altoona and Hershey student permits are not valid for parking at University Park at any time
- No parking at any time in University Park student parking areas or any other parking areas reserved 24 hours a day, seven days a week (this information is posted on lot entrance signage) - unauthorized vehicles in these lots are subject to ticketing and/or towing at the owner’s expense
- All lots are subject to additional hours of restriction or event parking fees based on special campus events or University needs as determined by Transportation Services
- If a "Midnight Clear" is declared for snow removal, Commonwealth Campus student vehicles at University Park must be parked in the Eisenhower Deck between midnight and 7 a.m.
7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Commonwealth Campus student permits are not valid in any University Park parking areas during these hours
- To park on campus, Commonwealth Campus students will need to pay for parking at one of the multi-space pay stations at Jordan East, Stadium West or Porter North ($1 per hour or $5 daily through midnight)
- No-fare campus transit available via CATA's Loop/Link and Penn State's Campus Shuttle services - download the TransLoc Rider app for real-time bus locations and arrival predictions
- Commonwealth Campus students who visit University Park during daytime hours on a regular basis may purchase a student Commuter permit for $45 per semester from the Transportation Services office at 1 Eisenhower Parking Deck
4 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
- Commonwealth Campus student permits are valid for parking during these hours in all areas highlighted in yellow on the Student Parking Map, with the following exceptions:
- No parking in East, HUB or Nittany decks at any time
- No parking in Eisenhower Deck between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m., seven days a week
- No parking in the Commuter lots between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m., seven days a week
- No parking in areas located east of Bigler Road on home football Saturdays (must be removed by midnight Friday night before the game)
Regulations in place on weekdays between 4 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. (see above) also apply on Saturdays and Sundays on non-event weekends.
Event and Event Weekend Parking
- Students with a valid Commonwealth Campus student parking permit (except Altoona and Hershey) arriving on the day of the event (after 4 p.m. for weekday events) will be allowed access to available lots at no additional charge
- Bryce Jordan Center/Pegula Ice Arena Events - Jordan East, Stadium West, Porter North
- Eisenhower Auditorium Events - Eisenhower Deck
- Penn State Football - Eisenhower Deck and Lot Red A
- No overnight parking permitted in day-of-event lots
Penn State Football weekends and other select event weekends (such as Central PA Arts Fest) have special parking requirements as outlined below:
Commonwealth Campus students arriving prior to Saturday of a designated event weekend must park at the at the East, HUB or Nittany decks and pay the standard visitor parking rate ($1 per hour/$12 daily maximum fee). $30 weekend permits valid only for Lot Red A at West Campus are also available on Friday at the White Course Drive kiosk.
Commonwealth Campus student permits are valid at the Eisenhower Deck and Lot Red A on Saturday. Parking will also be available at the East, Eisenhower, HUB, or Nittany decks at the event day rate of $25, with parking permitted through 6 p.m. Sunday.
On designated event weekends, Commonwealth Campus student parking permits are not valid for overnight parking. Students arriving on campus for the weekend on Friday must park at the East, HUB or Nittany decks and pay the standard rate.