Student Parking Registration
All students (undergraduate, graduate, continuing education, part-time, full-time, or adjunct) wishing to use parking facilities at University Park campus, (at any time, for any reason), including Innovation Park, must register their vehicle with the Parking Office and, while parked on campus, properly display an authorized parking permit.
Resident students and off-campus students wishing to store vehicles on campus must have completed at least 28 approved credits to be eligible for on-campus parking.
Penn State students and employees (regardless of campus or location) are not considered visitors.
- Providing false or misleading information on permit application will result in immediate revocation of parking privileges and forfeiture of all fees paid.
- Vehicles must be registered by the first day of class each semester or by the first business day following arrival on campus.
- Students may only register vehicles owned by them or by a member of their immediate family (parents or siblings).
- A non-refundable processing fee of $25.00 will be assessed for all lost or stolen permits. This is not a replacement fee. The fee must be paid regardless of whether or not a new permit is issued.
- Permit holders are responsible for reporting all address and license plate changes immediately to the Parking Office. Failure to report these changes may result in tickets being processed to collections, at which time additional fees are assessed by the collections agency.
- All permits remain the property of Penn State and must be returned upon request.
- Permits may not be transferred, sold or duplicated. Violators will incur a fine, be referred to Student Conduct and have their parking privileges revoked.
Visit the Student Parking Regulations page for a complete list of student parking regulations.
Fall 2016/spring 2017 student parking registration will begin on the following dates:
- Tuesday, August 16 at noon (Resident student permits - B11, L22, L42, L81, L82, L83, YWH) - REGISTER HERE
Visit the Resident Student Permits page for information on resident student permit options.
Update: Blue 22, Blue 81 and YWH are sold out for fall 2016. Residents of Eastview Terrace, Pollock Halls, South Halls, and West Halls may register for Blue 82 or Blue 83.
- Wednesday, August 17 at noon (Off-campus long-term storage - P43)
Update: Purple 43 is sold out for fall 2016. Off-campus students in need of overnight storage parking may register for Lot 83 East, located just east of Purple 43. - REGISTER HERE
- Thursday, August 18 at noon (Off-campus Commuter - R44) - REGISTER HERE
Visit the Off-Campus Student Permits page for information on off-campus student permit options.
Important Registration Information
Student parking registration must be completed online. All permits are sold on a first come, first served basis. PermitDirect™ will provide a printable temporary permit allowing students to park immediately. Permanent permits for fall 2016/spring 2017 will be mailed to students' campus or local address.
Students eligible for upgrades to a base student permit, such as graduate assistants, student athletes and those with a state-issued ADA placard, must visit the Parking Office to obtain their upgraded permit. However, registration for a base student permit needs to be completed online prior to applying for any upgrades.
To ensure prompt delivery, off-campus students must provide their full local address (including street number, street, and apartment number, if applicable) when registering for a permit. In addition, any students moving into a new residence in State College must notify the local Post Office of their residency prior to registering for a permit, as this is required to receive any mail at a new address.
Residents of Nittany Apartments must use the following address format in order to receive their permit:
600 E. Pollock Road
Apt. #, Nittany Apts.
State College PA 16801
Visit the Resident Student Permits and Off-Campus Student Permits pages for more information on student parking permit options.
Student parking areas will be available to registered permit holders at the following times:
- Immediately upon registration - Brown 11, Purple 43, Blue 83, 83 East, YWH (Nittany Deck), and R44 (Commuter lots)
- Saturday, August 20 at 6 p.m. - Blue 82
- Sunday, August 21 at 4 p.m. - Lots 22, 42 and 81
Students must park at Lot 44 or Stadium West (located near the Bryce Jordan Center and Beaver Stadium) until their respective lot is available for parking. All vehicles must be parked in their assigned area with a valid permit (temporary or permanent) displayed by 12:01 a.m. Monday, August 22.