The Bike Den is a community-building space that aims to enhance the community and environment through the promotion of bicycle transportation and material stewardship. Different from a traditional repair shop, Bike Den staff and volunteers are available to guide and educate individuals on do-it-yourself (DIY) bike repair.
- Establish a welcoming space for people of all ability levels to connect and engage around biking
- Provide DIY bike repair and maintenance learning opportunities through open workspace hours and guided education workshops
- Prevent usable bikes and bike parts from entering the waste stream
The Bike Den is located at the ground level of the West Deck at West Campus.
Fall 2021 Maintenance Clinics
- October- Tire Changes (Wednesdays 1-6PM)
- November - Brake Adjustments/Maintenance
- December- Chain Maintenance
Fall 2021 Workshops
- Check-in at the front counter and complete a policy, procedure, and liability waiver
- A valid PSU ID card is required for university users
- Non-affiliated users must show a valid photo ID
- Ask for assistance for proper tool use. Bike Den staff and volunteers are happy to guide users through repairs when able.
- Return tools to their proper location; do not remove tools from the Bike Den.
- Store personal projects at home; do not leave your bike or personal equipment overnight.
Are you an avid cyclist that would like to give back and help grow the local biking community? The Bike Den needs volunteers to assist with workshops, maintenance clinics, and regular operating hours.
Volunteers must meet the following requirements:
- 18+ years of age
- Submit a volunteer application
- Submit an ePatch Clearance and PA Child Abuse History Clearance (free for volunteers - make sure to select volunteer status when completing your clearances)
Bike Den volunteers will receive:
- Access to volunteer-only hours of workspace use
- Priority reservations for educational workshops
- Free Bike Den volunteer t shirt
Email [email protected] for more information on the Bike Den, workshops and clinics, and volunteer opportunities.