- Participants must be employed in a standing, fixed-term I, fixed-term multi-year, or post-doctoral position at University Park or enrolled as a graduate, law, or medical student, with University Park as their primary campus.
- Use the RIDEpass webtool below to check if your residence is eligible:
- Must live at least 0.75 miles from the nearest Blue Loop or Red Link stop
- Must live at a residence that does not participate in a CATABUS pass program
- Participants who wish to maintain a campus parking permit are only eligible for a Commuter permit.
- RIDEpass permits are valid from June 1 to May 31. Single-semester permits are also available. You may apply any time of the year, and renewal applications are emailed in May.
- RIDEpass is not applicable to CATA services such as CENTRE RIDE, the Football Shuttle, charters, or any special shuttle services.
- University Park faculty and staff can elect to pay their RIDEpass fees via payroll deduction. Graduate students and any employee not eligible for payroll deduction must pay in full when they pick up their pass. A pro-rated rate is available based on the number of months remaining in the program year.
Rules are subject to change and are communicated to the participant’s preferred email.
View the RIDEpass Terms and Conditions for a complete list of eligibility requirements, program rules, and information on pass distribution and payment.
RIDEpass Eligibility Tool
This tool will allow you to determine your eligibility for RIDEpass. Please search for your local address in the search bar in the upper left corner. Your eligibility will be determined based on the walking distance between your local address and the nearest Blue Loop or Red Link bus stop.
RIDEpass eligibility is based on additional criteria. This tool is for distance based eligibility only.
Note: Upon successful completion of a RIDEpass application, all participants are required to provide a document verifying the address used to apply for the program when they pick up their pass. Acceptable documents include a valid driver's license or learner's permit, valid state identification card, current lease/rental agreement, property tax receipt, recent utility bill, recent paycheck, recent change of address mailer from the Postal Service, or a recent credit card or bank account statement. All documents must be dated within four (4) week of pass pick-up.