Student Parking Registration
All students (undergraduate, graduate, continuing education, part-time, full-time, or adjunct) wishing to use parking facilities at University Park campus, (at any time, for any reason), including Innovation Park, must register their vehicle with the Transportation Services Office and, while parked on campus, properly display an authorized parking permit.
Resident students and off-campus students wishing to store vehicles on campus must have completed at least 29.1 approved credits to be eligible for on-campus parking (not required for summer session parking). See the section below for information on applying for an exception to this restriction.
Except for Penn State Commonwealth Campus students not enrolled in classes at University Park, Penn State students and employees are not considered visitors.
- Providing false or misleading information on permit application will result in immediate revocation of parking privileges and forfeiture of all fees paid.
- Vehicles must be registered by the first day of class each semester or by the first business day following arrival on campus.
- Students may only register vehicles owned by them or by a member of their immediate family (parents or siblings).
- A non-refundable processing fee of $25.00 will be assessed for all lost or stolen permits. This is not a replacement fee. The fee must be paid regardless of whether or not a new permit is issued.
- Permit holders are responsible for reporting all address and license plate changes immediately to the Transportation Services Office. Failure to report these changes may result in tickets being processed to collections, at which time additional fees are assessed by the collections agency.
- All permits remain the property of Penn State and must be returned upon request.
- Permits may not be transferred, sold or duplicated. Violators will incur a fine, be referred to Student Conduct, and have their parking privileges revoked.
Visit the Student Parking Regulations page for a complete list of student parking regulations.
First-year students will not be required to submit a waiver application to purchase a Lot 83 permit for the remainder of the 2022-23 academic year. They may also purchase a core student permit for the fall semester if a lot associated with their residence hall area is available.
Spring 2023 student parking registration: REGISTER NOW
All permits are sold on a first-come, first-served basis. PermitDirect™ will provide a printable temporary permit allowing students to park immediately.
Students with a state-issued Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) placard who wish to purchase a supplemental parking permit for core parking access should contact the Transportation Services Office to receive access to register online for these permits. General student parking registration must be completed online prior to applying for this option, and a copy of the student's ADA placard ID card must be provided.
Students registering for short-term permits (issued on a weekly basis) must register in person at the Transportation Services Office. Not all student permit options will be available for short-term parking.
To ensure prompt delivery, off-campus students must provide their full local address (including street number, street, and apartment number, if applicable) when registering for a permit. In addition, any students moving into a new residence in State College must notify the local Post Office of their residency prior to registering for a permit, as this is required to receive any mail at a new address.
Residents of Nittany Apartments must use the following address format in order to receive their permit:
600 E. Pollock Road
Apt. #, Nittany Apts.
State College PA 16801
Note: Permits at the weekly rate must be purchased in person at the Transportation Services Office and may not be available if permit capacity is low or sold out.