Student Parking Registration
All students (undergraduate, graduate, continuing education, part-time, full-time, or adjunct) wishing to use parking facilities at University Park campus, (at any time, for any reason), including Innovation Park, must register their vehicle with the Parking Office and, while parked on campus, properly display an authorized parking permit.
Resident students and off-campus students wishing to store vehicles on campus must have completed at least 29.1 approved credits to be eligible for on-campus parking (not required for summer session parking).
- Students who do not meet the minimum credit requirement but have extenuating circumstances that may support having access to a vehicle on campus should email email@example.com.
Penn State students and employees (regardless of campus or location) are not considered visitors.
- Providing false or misleading information on permit application will result in immediate revocation of parking privileges and forfeiture of all fees paid.
- Vehicles must be registered by the first day of class each semester or by the first business day following arrival on campus.
- Students may only register vehicles owned by them or by a member of their immediate family (parents or siblings).
- A non-refundable processing fee of $25.00 will be assessed for all lost or stolen permits. This is not a replacement fee. The fee must be paid regardless of whether or not a new permit is issued.
- Permit holders are responsible for reporting all address and license plate changes immediately to the Parking Office. Failure to report these changes may result in tickets being processed to collections, at which time additional fees are assessed by the collections agency.
- All permits remain the property of Penn State and must be returned upon request.
- Permits may not be transferred, sold or duplicated. Violators will incur a fine, be referred to Student Conduct and have their parking privileges revoked.
Visit the Student Parking Regulations page for a complete list of student parking regulations.
Summer 2019 student parking registration will be available beginning on the following dates:
- Tuesday, April 30 (for students in need of parking during Maymester, Summer Session I, or All Sessions)
- Sunday, June 23 (for students in need of parking during Summer Session II only)
While fall and spring permits are mailed to each student's local address, all summer permits must be picked up in person at the Parking Office at 1 Eisenhower Parking Deck.
Fall 2019/spring 2020 student parking registration will begin on the following dates:
- Tuesday, Aug. 20 at noon (SCR - student commuter)
- Wednesday, Aug. 21 at noon (Lot 43 - off-campus long-term storage)
- Thursday, Aug. 22 at noon (Brown 11, Blue 22, Blue 42, Blue 81, Blue 82, Blue 83 - resident student)
Important Registration Information
Student parking registration must be completed online. All permits are sold on a first come, first served basis. PermitDirect™ will provide a printable temporary permit allowing students to park immediately. Permanent permits for spring 2019 will be mailed to students' campus or local address.
Students eligible for upgrades to a base student permit, such as graduate assistants, student athletes and those with a state-issued ADA placard, must visit the Parking Office to obtain their upgraded permit. However, registration for a base student permit needs to be completed online prior to applying for any upgrades.
To ensure prompt delivery, off-campus students must provide their full local address (including street number, street, and apartment number, if applicable) when registering for a permit. In addition, any students moving into a new residence in State College must notify the local Post Office of their residency prior to registering for a permit, as this is required to receive any mail at a new address.
Residents of Nittany Apartments must use the following address format in order to receive their permit:
600 E. Pollock Road
Apt. #, Nittany Apts.
State College PA 16801