Student Parking Registration
All students (undergraduate, graduate, continuing education, part-time, full-time, or adjunct) wishing to use parking facilities at University Park campus, (at any time, for any reason), including Innovation Park, must register their vehicle with the Transportation Services Office and, while parked on campus, properly display an authorized parking permit.
Resident students and off-campus students wishing to store vehicles on campus must have completed at least 29.1 approved credits to be eligible for on-campus parking (not required for summer session parking).
- Students who do not meet the minimum credit requirement, but have extenuating circumstances that may support having access to a vehicle on campus may email [email protected] for information on how to submit a formal parking request. Before doing so, however, students and their families should first review other available transportation options such as Zimride ridematching, and local and regional transportation services. Please note that parking space availability on campus allows a very limited number of these requests to be granted.
Penn State students and employees (regardless of campus or location) are not considered visitors.
- Providing false or misleading information on permit application will result in immediate revocation of parking privileges and forfeiture of all fees paid.
- Vehicles must be registered by the first day of class each semester or by the first business day following arrival on campus.
- Students may only register vehicles owned by them or by a member of their immediate family (parents or siblings).
- A non-refundable processing fee of $25.00 will be assessed for all lost or stolen permits. This is not a replacement fee. The fee must be paid regardless of whether or not a new permit is issued.
- Permit holders are responsible for reporting all address and license plate changes immediately to the Transportation Services Office. Failure to report these changes may result in tickets being processed to collections, at which time additional fees are assessed by the collections agency.
- All permits remain the property of Penn State and must be returned upon request.
- Permits may not be transferred, sold or duplicated. Violators will incur a fine, be referred to Student Conduct and have their parking privileges revoked.
Visit the Student Parking Regulations page for a complete list of student parking regulations.
Fall 2020 online student parking registration has ended.
Students in need of parking for any period of time for the remainder of the semester must visit the Transportation Services Office at 1 Eisenhower Parking Deck to purchase a permit. Visit the Resident Student Permits and Off-Campus Student Permits pages for more information on student parking permit options.
- Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021 (Off-campus long-term storage - Lot 43)
- Thursday, Jan. 14, 2021 (Resident storage - Brown 11, Lot 22, Lot 42, Lot 81, Lot 82, Lot 83, YWH)
- Friday, Jan. 15, 2021 (Off-campus commuter - SCR)
Important Spring Registration Information
Student parking registration must be completed online. All permits are sold on a first come, first served basis. PermitDirect™ will provide a printable temporary permit allowing students to park immediately. Permanent permits for spring 2021 will be mailed to students' campus or local address.
Students eligible for upgrades to a base student permit, such as graduate assistants, student athletes and those with a state-issued ADA placard, must visit the Transportation Services Office to obtain their upgraded permit. However, registration for a base student permit needs to be completed online prior to applying for any upgrades.
To ensure prompt delivery, off-campus students must provide their full local address (including street number, street, and apartment number, if applicable) when registering for a permit. In addition, any students moving into a new residence in State College must notify the local Post Office of their residency prior to registering for a permit, as this is required to receive any mail at a new address.
Residents of Nittany Apartments must use the following address format in order to receive their permit:
600 E. Pollock Road
Apt. #, Nittany Apts.
State College PA 16801
- Thursday, May 6, 2021 (for students enrolled for Maymester, Summer Session I, or all summer sessions)
- Sunday, June 27, 2021 (for students enrolled for Summer Session II only - prorated rates)
Note: Summer 2021 student parking registration dates are subject to change