Every faculty/staff employee (regardless of shift or office location) wishing to use parking facilities at University Park campus, including Innovation Park, must register their vehicle with Transportation Services and, while parked on campus, properly display an authorized parking permit.
Non-University Park Penn State faculty/staff permits are only valid in Orange Open Staff Lots, Stadium West, Jordan East, or Porter North during lot reservation hours.
All permits remain the property of PSU and must be returned upon request. Permits are specific to the employee and the vehicles (license plates) to which they are registered. Permits may not be transferred, sold, or duplicated.
Any faculty/staff employee of the University or of an affiliated program working on campus is eligible for campus parking privileges unless privileges have been revoked.
Vehicle registration, assignment to a parking area, and issuance of a parking permit is made by the hiring college or department.
Short Term Permits
- Vehicles may be registered for weekly or daily periods for employees who use vehicles on an occasional basis.
- Permits may be purchased at the Transportation Services Office.
Address and License Plate Changes
- Permit holders are responsible for reporting address and license plate changes to Transportation Services.
- Failure to report these changes may result in vehicles being towed from campus and unpaid tickets being sent to the registered vehicle owner.
- Parking permit fees may be paid either through payroll deduction or by advance payment. Fees must be paid while in possession of the permit, regardless of use. Sabbatical, medical leave, or absence from the campus does not excuse the permit holder from payment.
- Payment is required unless the permit is returned to the Parking Chairperson or the Transportation Services Office. Failure to remit payment will result in permit revocation. Vehicles associated with revoked permits will be towed at the owner's expense.
- Permits must be returned upon leave without pay, termination, retirement, or by request of Transportation Services to end the responsibility of fees.
- If a permit is lost or stolen, report the incident to your designated parking chair immediately. A non-refundable processing fee of $25 will be assessed. The fee must be paid regardless of whether or not a new permit is issued.
Faculty/staff permits are not valid in any resident student lots at any time for any reason.
Faculty/staff parking permits are valid for parking at Jordan East and Stadium West for most Bryce Jordan Center and Pegula Ice Arena events, as well as for State College Spikes baseball at Medlar Field at Lubrano Park.
Reserved- Brown, Green, Red, Silver, Yellow
- These lots are restricted to specific faculty/staff permits between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday-Friday unless otherwise noted.
- All restricted faculty/staff lots become open staff lots at 4 p.m. Monday-Friday and on weekends. Valid permits must always be displayed.
- Exception - Lot Green H is not available on weekdays until 6 p.m.
- On weekends when there is a home football game, parking is restricted in Yellow H lots from midnight on Friday until the resumption of normal traffic patterns after the game. All vehicles parked in violation will be ticketed and towed. Additional restrictions may apply for games and other special events.
- These lots are authorized for any faculty/staff permit (excluding Commuter permits) between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- Commuter permits are valid at 4 p.m. Monday-Friday and on weekends. Valid permits must always be displayed.
- On weekends when there is a home football game, parking is restricted in Orange A, Orange B, Orange C, Orange F, Orange L, and Orange O Meats Lab from midnight on Friday until the resumption of normal traffic patterns after the game. All vehicles parked in violation will be ticketed and towed. Additional restrictions may apply for games and other special events.
Commuter - Jordan East, Stadium West, and Porter North
- All faculty/staff or Commuter permits are authorized between 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- No parking is permitted in the commuter lots between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m., seven days a week.
- Access to central campus is available via the no-fare campus transit system (CATABUS Loop/Link and Campus Shuttle).
- On weekends when there is a home football game, parking is restricted from midnight on Friday until the resumption of normal traffic patterns after the game. All vehicles parked in violation will be ticketed and towed. Additional restrictions may apply for games and other special events.
- Valid only on vehicles displaying current faculty/staff permits. Not valid with Commuter (CR) permits.
- Floaters are not valid in all parking areas. Valid lots are listed on the back of the floater permit.
- Floating permits are issued to departments for occasional use by employees performing business functions. They are not for use by individuals on a consistent, daily basis. Permits may be revoked for unauthorized use.
- Lots adjacent to dining halls may have different hours of reservation than other lots in that area. Check lot entrance signs carefully for specifics.
East, HUB, and Nittany Parking Decks
- All permit holders, regardless of assigned location, should scan their permit's barcode at any in-lane machine to enter and exit. A $1 per hour fee will be due when exiting for any hours parked by non-assigned permit holders between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Events and Special Circumstances
All lots are subject to additional hours of restriction based on special campus events or University needs as determined by Transportation Services. Two primary special needs include (but are not limited to):
- Home Football Games. Jordan East, Orange L, Yellow H, Porter North, Porter South, Orange A West of OPP, and Stadium West are restricted from all permit parking from midnight Friday until the resumption of normal traffic patterns after the game.
- Bryce Jordan Center Events. Faculty/staff and student permits are not valid in lots east of University Drive when used for events. These permits are honored at no additional charge in faculty/staff lots west of University Drive.
- Parking is not permitted in the resident student lots at any time, for any reason.