Every faculty/staff employee (regardless of shift or office location) wishing to use parking facilities at University Park campus, including Innovation Park, must register their vehicle with the Parking Office and, while parked on campus, properly display an authorized parking permit.
Non-University Park Penn State faculty/staff permits are only valid in Orange Open Staff Lots, Stadium West, Lot 44 or Porter North during lot reservation hours.
All permits remain the property of PSU and must be returned upon request. Permits are specific to the employee and the vehicles (license plates) to which they are registered. Permits may not be transferred, sold or duplicated.
Any faculty/staff employee of the University or of an affiliated program, working on campus, is eligible for campus parking privileges, unless privileges have been revoked.
Vehicle registration, assignment to a parking area, and issuance of a parking permit is made by the hiring college or department.
Short Term Permits
- Vehicles may be registered for weekly or daily periods for employees who use vehicles on an occasional basis.
- One Day permits may be purchased at the Campus Kiosks, Visitor's Center or the Parking Office.
- Permits exceeding one week in duration are available ONLY at the Parking Office.
Address and License Plate Changes
- Permit-holders are responsible for reporting address and license plate changes to the Parking Office.
- Failure to report these changes may result in tickets being processed to the District Justice, at which time additional fees are assessed by the courts.
- Parking permit fees may be paid either through payroll deduction or by advance payment. Fees must be paid while in possession of the permit, regardless of use. Sabbatical, medical leave, or absence from the campus does not excuse the permit-holder from payment.
- Payment is required unless the permit is returned to the Parking Chairperson or the Parking Office. Failure to remit payment will result in permit revocation. Vehicles associated with revoked permits will be towed at the owner's expense.
- Permits must be returned upon leave without pay, termination, retirement, or by request of the Parking Office to end responsibility of fees.
- If a permit is lost or stolen, report the incident to your designated parking chair immediately. A non-refundable processing fee of $25 will be assessed for hangtag permits and $50 for transponders. This is not a replacement fee. The fee must be paid regardless of whether or not a new permit is issued.
Faculty/staff permits are not valid in any resident student lots at any time for any reason.
Faculty/staff parking permits are valid for parking at Lot 44 and Stadium West for most Bryce Jordan Center and Pegula Ice Arena events, as well as for State College Spikes baseball at Medlar Field at Lubrano Park.
Reserved- Yellow, Brown, Green, Red
- These lots are restricted to specific faculty/staff permits between 7:30 a.m. and 4p.m., Monday-Friday, unless otherwise noted.
- All restricted faculty/staff lots become open staff lots at 4 p.m. Monday-Friday and on weekends. Valid permits must ALWAYS be displayed.
- On weekends when there is a home football game, parking is restricted in Yellow H lots from midnight on Friday until the resumption of normal traffic patterns after the game. All vehicles parked in violation will be ticketed and towed. Additional restrictions may apply for games and other special events.
- These lots are authorized for any faculty/staff permit (excluding Commuter and evening/weekend permits) between 7:00am and 5:00pm, Monday-Friday.
- On weekends when there is a home football game, parking is restricted in Orange A and Orange L from midnight on Friday until the resumption of normal traffic patterns after the game. All vehicles parked in violation will be ticketed and towed. Additional restrictions may apply for games and other special events.
Commuter - Lot 44 (Jordan East), Stadium West, and Porter North
- All faculty/staff or commuter permits are authorized between 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- No parking is permitted in the commuter lots between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m., 7 days a week.
- Access to central campus is available via the Campus Bus Service (see Loop and Link schedules for times and stops).
- On weekends when there is a home football game parking is restricted from midnight on Friday until the resumption of normal traffic patterns after the game. All vehicles parked in violation will be ticketed and towed. Additional restrictions may apply for games and other special events.
- This permit allows for parking after 4 p.m. weekdays and all weekend long.
- It does not allow for any parking, including loading/unloading or dropping off/picking up passengers prior to 4 p.m.
- This is the only permit that may be used in conjunction with the Ride for Five Bus Pass. It is not valid with a floater permit.
- Valid only on vehicles displaying current faculty/staff permits. Not valid with commuter permits (CR) or evening/weekend permits.
- Floaters are not valid in all parking areas. Valid lots are listed on the back of the floater permit.
- Floating permits are issued to departments for occasional use by employees performing business functions. They are not for use by individuals on a consistent, daily basis. Permits may be revoked for unauthorized use.
- Lots adjacent to dining halls may have different hours of reservation than other lots in that area. Check lot entrance signs carefully for specifics.
East, HUB, and Nittany Parking Decks
- Parking in these facilities is by permit only between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m., Monday through Friday.
Events and Special Circumstances
All lots are subject to additional hours of restriction based on special campus events or University needs as determined by the Parking Office. Two primary special needs include (but are not limited to):
- Home Football Games. Lots 44 (Jordan East), Orange L, Yellow H, Porter North, Porter South, Orange A West of OPP and Stadium West are restricted from all permit parking from midnight Friday until the resumption of normal traffic patterns after the game.
- Bryce Jordan Center Events. Faculty/staff and student permits are not valid in lots east of University Drive when used for events. These permits are honored at no additional charge in faculty/staff lots west of University Drive.
- Parking is not permitted in the resident student lots at any time, for any reason.